Dear STMA Girls Soccer Players and Families-
I hope this letter finds you and your family enjoying your summer! After a disappointing loss in the first round of the state tournament I am eagerly anticipating a great season! I am really looking forward to working with each and every one of you soon!
Pre-season practice and tryouts will be here before we know it. Be sure that you have prepared yourself both mentally and physically for a great season. It has been wonderful to see so many of you at Lady Knights Summer Development Camp. Your commitment to your team and your hard work is admirable. I truly am proud of you all!
There are a few things you need to be aware of as the season approaches us. Please read the following carefully.
- There are two dates for the mandatory Fall Sports Eligibility Meeting. Tuesday, July 23rd in the HS PAC or Thursday, August 1st in the PAC. Both meetings will be held at 6pm. You are required to attend one of these meetings and complete all necessary paperwork BEFORE you are eligible to practice. A brief soccer meeting will be held following the Eligibility Meeting in the HS Cafeteria.
- You must complete all activities paperwork and fees before you are eligible to try-out. All necessary athletic forms can be found in your feepay account. Note: Anyone missing paperwork will not be able to practice/try-out.
- Every player must have an up to date physical on file. Players without a current physical on file will not be eligible to try-out.
- Practice begins at 7:30AM on Monday August 12th. Please see the attached schedule for practice times and locations as it varies from day to day. Please note that you should be ready to start practice at 7:30, this means all equipment is on and ready to go. You are responsible for bringing your own ball, shin pads, water, cleats, and tennis shoes to each practice.
- Please come to practice ready to work hard and compete! You should continue working out and doing your best to come “game” ready on the first day. Be prepared for conditioning and strength tests as well. We anticipate a record number of girls trying out for our four HS squads. We unfortunately can not over roster teams or add additional teams this season.
- Players will be notified in an individual meeting after try-outs on Wednesday, August 14th if she made a team. Preliminary team placements will be made by Friday, August 16th. There is always room for growth and movement between teams once the season begins. Please understand this is a VERY difficult process for coaches and players.
- There will be an important soccer parent-athlete meeting on Wednesday,August 14th at 6:00pm in the HS cafeteria. Please mark your calendars now.
Enjoy the remainder of your summer. Best of luck to all players still competing with their summer teams. Please feel free to call, text, or e-mail with any questions before the season. I look forward to seeing you on the field!
Coach Megan Johnson